Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Internship Test

The beginning of my day was quite interesting Friday. It started with a meeting at AEEI with the Saskatchewan Academic Health Sciences Network (SAHSN) board. This board is comprised of CEOs, Deputy Ministers, and Vice-Presidents from the three post-secondary institutions in Saskatchewan. The purpose of the group is to reach across the silos so often found in government, and work collaboratively to improve healthcare.


Being that my internship is almost half over the Deputy Minister mentioned that he was going to call on me more. I didn’t quite know what that meant until Friday. When I got to the meeting the Deputy Minister handed me a briefing note on a topic I was unfamiliar with and asked me to brief the SAHSN board.


I was a little nervous to say the least given the fact I was asked to present to a group of very important people and the topic was new to me. The Deputy Minister’s test however, was very much representative of the types of situations he experiences daily. As shocked as I was when I was asked – I am very grateful to have been able to brief such an important group.

No comments:

Post a Comment